Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Observation

I wonder what he sees, what he hears and what he smells.  In some moments of Walker's day he seems lost in his own world, somewhere else perhaps...but tonight as I sit here in my living room with everyone in the house asleep, I wonder if in those moments he is actually more here than the rest of us.  Is he tuned to the clock ticking? the fire crackling? the low hum of the tv not completley turned off?

Some days I want to blindfold myself and try and figure out what the world hears like or feels like... like Walker does everyday. It takes a tremendous amount of concentration.... I often fill my world with conversation and sound not sure how to be quiet... it takes practice... I guess you could say I am out of it....

today my lesson from Walker is observation...

No comments:

Post a Comment