Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Love my washing machine!

While attending SUNY New Paltz, I went to hear a lecture on the work of women throughout the world.  One of the most shocking statistics was the amount of time that women, all over the world spend getting water.  I don't remember the exact number but it was well over 80% of their time is spent walking and carrying water!

This really hit home this week with two children and a stomach virus!  In the course of three days, I gave five baths, and did 4 loads of laundry... just from the affects of this bug!

I couldn't imagine what I would do if I didn't have running water!  I know it seems like a simple thing for us Americans but I really appreciated having a bathtub and a washing machine!  I remember not too long ago, when I didn't have laundry in my house and had to take everything to a laundry mat!  With all the nasty clothes and bed sheets, I was really appreciative of that!

So, even though I had too clingy grumpy kids, I reminded myself that at least my house still didn't smell like a porta potty!  For that, I am thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment