Monday, June 7, 2010

Dream tease!

The problem with sleep is when you aren't getting it you get accustomed to the delirium, you hunker through with coffee and exercise, you just relinquish the thought of ever getting real zzz's, then the unthinkable happens.  You awake at 4 am and panic because no one has woken you up yet, then for the next three hours you wake and look at the clock wondering when the silence will end.

When the next night it happens again, you awake feeling so good!  You had forgotten how awesome a full 7 hours of sleep really feels!  You are excited and hopeful! Then WHAM! The next night they are up again, and now the problem is you were teased! You were reminded how it is to actually sleep uninterrupted!  So how do you go back again? I'm on my fifth cup of coffee and still feel like I am dragging ass!

My husband and I play a little game while in bed at night, we hear them get up and then its a stand off, pretending we are both still asleep, making sure not to make a move or sound until one of us caves and gets up.  then the game is really on, we take turns one after the other getting up trying to placate the children while essentially doing nothing really to satisfy the child.  I usually cave first, change the diaper and feed them, while he pretends he is still sleeping.  On rare occasion I will specifically ask him to get up and feed the boy child, but I know I can only do this about every three or four days, otherwise I am pushing my luck!

So how do we go back? I know that its within our grasp! 

1 comment:

  1. I haven't slept in 3 and a half years. I don't know what will happen when I ever do. I don't even know if it's possible anymore?

    I empathize...xoxo

    ReplyDelete